Ernst-Martin Heel and Franz-Christoph Heel (GbR – civil law partnership)
- Boarding school principal:
- Day School principal:
Dr. Ulrich Drescher
- Administrative Director:
- School type
German Gymnasium (grammar school/ high school)
- Sequence of languages learnt
- Foreign Language from Year 5: English
- Foreign languages from Year 6: French or Latin
- Foreign languages from Year 8: Spanish, optional (for beginners)
- Foreign languages from Year 10: Spanish (for beginners)
- Places in Boarding School
- Boys: 70
- Girls: 50
- Size of afternoon groups in Boarding School
- Average size of school classes
- 15-23 pupils in the lower and middle school (year 5-9)
- 15-26 pupils in the upper school (year 10-12)
- Number of pupils overall
c. 650, of which 90 are boarders and 80 day boarders
- Regular Grund- and Leistungskurse in the Upper School (Foundation and Advanced courses)
- Leistungskurse (Advanced courses): English, French, German, History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Grundkurse (Foundation courses): As above and including Religion, Music, Art, Literature, Pedagogics, Social Sciences, Physics, Informatics, Sports, Philosophy
- Success rate in final exams
- Status: State recognised or state approved?
- Additional Tuition
Tutorials conducted by day-school teachers; subject-based homework supervision up to Abitur; individual tuition
- School Exchanges for over 50 years with
- Stamford School in England
- Andre-Citroen College, Paris
- Additional Tuition
- Homework supervision
- 3-hour homework supervision sessions daily (Silentien) conducted according to school year for Years 5-12.
- Upper school pupils receive special supervision from subject specialists.
- All supervising staff have a secondary school teaching qualification.
- Individual Tuition
Tutoring is organised by the secretary’s office in the boarding school and conducted on the premises (by teachers / students)
- Leisure time Activities (please look at Recreation Programme)
- Musical: Art club, Exhibitions, Theater club, piano lessons, pop music, choir, orchestra
- Sport: sailing and surfing, rowing, tennis, table tennis, skiing trips, beach volley-ball, football etc
- Cultural: concert and theatre trips, law club
- Additional: Logo-Club — further training and leisure activities organised by the school’s ‘LOGO-DA-MACH-ICH-MIT-VEREIN’ — bi-annual course programme
- Weekend Activities
Excursions, cultural events, games, sport, supervision by housemasters / housemistresses
- How often are the pupils allowed home at weekends?
The pupils are allowed to go home every weekend. This is possible from Friday 4 p.m. for pupils up to the 10th Year.
For pupils in the Upper School from Friday, last lesson.
- Years 5-10: 2-bed rooms
- Years 11-12: Single and 2-bed rooms
- Years 5-12: Single and 2-bed rooms
- Timetable (please look at Timetable!)
– 13.30 p.m. Lunch
- 14-15-16.15 p.m. Silentium (homework supervision)
- 16.15-17.00 p.m. Individual free time
- 17.00-19.00 p.m. Group free time
- 19.00 p.m. Evening meal
- 19.30-20.30 p.m. Silentium (homework supervision)
- Fees per month
- Boarders: € 1.950,-
- Day-boarders: € 750,-
- Additional costs per month
Roughly € 25,- – € 50,-
- Period of Notice
The period of notice is 3 months to the end of the school half year (31.01, 31.07)
During the 3-month probationary period the period of notice is 4 weeks to the end of the month.
- Is a trial ‘living-in’ period possible?